Thursday, February 3, 2011

ghost stories

So the rumor around my workplace is that it is haunted by a ghost. The building is ancient and the last owner passed away upstairs. So when I first started working, everyone told me ghost stories of slamming doors and salt shakers falling off the table. I knew they were just trying to scare me but tonight I experienced it firsthand. I’m not saying I believe all that paranormal activity stuff, but the most subtle thing freaked me out tonight. I was by myself refilling things and I felt someone walk behind me, but of course no one was there. It sounds like nothing, but that feeling is enough to send shivers down your spine. I told my coworkers about it which led to sharing weird stories that are hard to believe. It seems that everyone has experienced some weird phenomenon outside of work in their own lives. Its less believable when they exaggerate it in movies, but when you hear it from someone you know its freaky. After talking about it that’s all I can think about, so I wonder if other people have experienced anything that has made them question if it was a ghost. I don’t necessarily believe most of what I hear, but some things make you wonder. I’m freaking myself out sitting here writing this and thinking about tonight. I’m a baby so I’m probably going to be sleeping with a light on.

4 comments:

  1. You are a baby, ghosts are not real nor shall they ever be real. If a ghost presents itself and attacks you I promise I will be the first ghost hunter at your work to beat it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way, Lindsay. My mom experienced something of this sort. The day her brother died 24 years ago, she was out bowling with friends and it was her turn to bowl. It was Tuesday, October 13th. The minute he died, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around, but no one was behind her. All her friends were sitting and had not moved. She had looked at the clock, then bowled. She later found out her youngest brother has passed away, and was told the time as well. It was the exact moment she felt the tap on her shoulder. She knew it was him saying goodbye to her before his spirit moved on. Even though my mom was the oldest of four children, now three, she was close with her youngest brother. He passed away on a basketball court because he had a rare heart disease no one knew about. Since his death, everyone in our family has been checked for the disease. My mother has it, but luckily my sisters and I do not. This may not necessarily be a scary ghost story, but it shows that spirits can present themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is those little things that make it real. Movies DO exaggerate it, so it is unbelievable. I do not know if there are ghosts, but I do know that sometimes the physical world does not seem big enough to contain experience. I'd sleep with the light on, despite Jetn64!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that ghosts or as I would most likely call them spirits exist. My family has had some wierd experiences with things that are unexplainable involving people who had died, kind of like what happened to Amanda's mom. I think that they are out there and sometimes decide to make themselves known. Sometimes I think it is scary especially if bad things happen, but then other times I feel relaxed or at ease with it, I think that these "ghost story" type of things happen more frequently than people realize, but no one really talks about them.

    ReplyDelete