Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Already?

 I just got home from a nice night at work and it was all ruined when I thought about going to school tomorrow. I can only imagine the homework and tests my teachers have jam packed into this upcoming week. I had a lovely break filled with way to much food, shopping and relaxing on the couch. Now along with all the schoolwork it’s that time of year to do the one thing I stress the most about. Christmas shopping! Around this time my mom and grandparents start asking what I want for Christmas and I never know what to tell them because I don’t care about presents anymore! What I’m worried about is what to get my friends and family. I’m terrible at picking out presents because I always over think every little thing. I want to get them all something that fits them perfectly, but it’s hard to find that special gift. Another dilemma is deciding how much to spend. If you are exchanging gifts with a friend or boyfriend, how do you know how much to spend? You don’t want to receive something expensive and hand them something much less expensive. You also don’t want them to feel guilty if you spend a lot and they don’t. It’s such a tough decision. They say it’s the thought that counts and price and whether it’s absolutely perfect or not shouldn’t matter. However, it always matters because you want to give the people you care about something to show your affection. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is over and I can already start stressing about all of this! This year is flying by!

2 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY understand you not caring about presents anymore. I've gotten to the point where I always feel I have nothing else to say but "gift cards" to my grandmother who starts calling me in October or early November for a Christmas list. Usually I come up with one thing I really want, and it's usually not until a few weeks before Christmas when it suddenly comes to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay I completely understand as well, months before Christmas season has really begun I think of things that I could ask for as presents for Christmas, but once that time gets here and I have to write it down I forget it or I don't necessarily want it anymore. When you are little Christmas is really exciting and you can't wait to rip open the wrapping and see what you got, but I feel now that Christmas is more about being with your family and seeing their faces when they open the gifts that you gave them. I feel that I finally understand what my parents meant when they said they were fine without presents because their gifts were our faces on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete