Friday, November 12, 2010

I Don't Want to Turn 18 !

As we grow up we always want to be older than we are. When we're 14 we just can't wait until we're 16 to drive. Then the excitements over in a couple months. Now everyone can't wait until they turn 18 to be considered "legal" and feel like adults. After that we want to be 21 to drink and go out. We are never content with where we are. Me on the other hand am always wishing things would slow down.Usually people don't start hating their birthdays until their 40s. I would love it if I never get older. If I could I would love to go back in time and be 10 again when there were no responsibilities. No one worried about what others thought and the only thing that mattered was playing with friends.There was no fighting or drama with girls and boys didn't try to act so tough infront of each other. At age 10 most kids don't fight with their parents or stress about school. I miss the carefree lifestyle of being a kid. Everyone is always in a hurry to grow up and I just want to stay where I am forever. I am probably the only person to say this but I never want to turn 18!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe I am already 18! Time is flying by too fast. I wish things would slow down as well. I want to enjoy all that I can before I go off into the real world and need to work for a living. Many days I wish I were younger too because kids have it much easier. I didn't have such difficult work when I was younger, which means I did not have as much stress either. People do wish to grow older too quickly and end up wishing their lives away. I try to enjoy each day and live in the moment. I am happy with where I am, but I do wish I could turn back time or somehow stay 18 forever. Getting older brings more responsibilities and hopefully I will be prepared for whatever the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so ironic that teenagers in highschool always do want to grow older and cant wait for certain birthdays, and then at some point everyone wants to be younger again. Celebrities and all try to make themselves look younger, I wonder what in our lives make us look back and decide I want to go back to highschool, or for people our age to say I want to be 18. I don't think you are the only person who will agree with you Lindsay, I think there are more people out there that would agree with this blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with what Lindsay is saying here. Most people, when they are young, cannot wait to grow up so they can be more independent. Then, at some point in their lives, they want to be young again. This irony shows how fickle people are in respect to age, but I too on the other hand am somewhat like this. I want to grow up so I can have all the perks of adulthood, but at the same time I want to stay young and enjoy life; so what I want to be able to do is I want to grow up, however, I want to grow up slowly enough so I can enjoy the best years of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As said in by far the worst movie ever, "The Dead Poets Society", there was one quote that stuck with me. "Suck the marrow out of life", and I feel like that applies to this situation. Yes, growing up and having a career and a family will be an experience like no other, but I want it to move slowly so I can enjoy every second of my life. Life may seem to go by so slowly, but when you reflect you feel like you have missed so many opportunities. 18... we are legal, can vote, and are going to college... Where did childhood end and this hell begin?

    ReplyDelete