Friday, November 5, 2010

My Contribution To The Blind Melons

Describing your own contribution to the class is a very difficult thing to do. In class you are always listening to the other classmates and end up analyzing their contribution rather than your own. So the first thing that comes to mind when trying to figure out what I contribute is NOTHING! This leads me to the conclusion that my contribution is my attitude and perspective. When it comes to English I have a very laid back attitude. I don't take many things seriously which can be a good and a bad thing. After I read something, I either like it or I don't. I don't analyze it much more than that, I just appreciate the good. In class I can offer my opinion which is always simple because I don’t think authors are looking for people to analyze every word of every line. Unfortunately, since I don’t take things too seriously it is easy for me to get distracted by “other” classmates which can be destructive to the class’s progress. This is not always a bad thing because it is important to keep things lighthearted to have fun and not be miserable senior year! So overall, my contribution is not much, but how can anyone outdo Mike, Mark, and Gene who give so much?

1 comment:

  1. OK, so it is true that the gentlemen you mention talk alot, but is it always contribution? I am not sure how you mean "laid back." Figuring out why you liked something-or didn't-isn't a matter of whether you are mellow or not. Sounds to me like you do not want to beat your reactions to death and analyze them, and I get that. I still think I am not alone in my interest in your feelings about what we read and discuss in class. Maybe avoiding over analysis is what we need. More Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete