Thursday, May 19, 2011

freshman year




For my four blogs this quarter, I just decided to reminisce on each year at St. Mark’s. As the school year comes to an end I keep looking back at how much has changed. It makes me sad to think that the people I have surrounded myself with for four years are soon going to be completely out of my life. Many people I probably will never see again. I hope to stay in contact with my closest friends that I have been with since freshman year but because I’m going to college 4 hours away it will be hard to do. I remember the beginning of freshman year seeing 1600 new people and knowing about 3. I went to Caravel Academy for middle school so only a few people decided to leave for high school. I’m pretty sure the first week I didn’t say much but rather observe and try to take in the new environment in which I would be in for 4 years. I knew nothing about anyone so I had no opinions or perspectives like I do now. I made a great group of friends and we were all so dorky and awkward now that I think about it. Most people were freshman year. I remember we didn’t have the same lunch so we would feel like rebels when we would switch lunches to all sit together even though that wasn’t allowed! We all played field hockey together with Dr. Bushey as our coach which was so much fun. I don’t really remember what we did for fun on the weekends, mostly just had sleepovers and went to Sallies dances. The most fun and annoying times freshman year were riding the bus. I met some of my best friends there but hated it at the same time. We had so much fun with our crazy bus driver Don who is about 80 years old and hit a curb at least once a day. We talked about the funniest stuff and made inappropriate signs to get people to honk. Since I live so far away I spent 2 and half hours with those people every day. It’s sad that freshman year is kind of a blur. I barely remember what I did; I just know we were all awkward and looking for the swimming pool on the 4th floor. Time is going by way to fast and I just regret the times when I would complain “I can’t wait till summer” or “I can’t wait till this weeks over”. I would go back to being an awkward freshman in a heart beat.

Cute right ?

No comments:

Post a Comment