Friday, May 20, 2011

Sophomore Year

What makes sophomores think they suddenly are so much more mature than freshmen and they know everything? For some reason, we get really cocky and think we rule the school when really we were still awkward weenies just like the freshmen. Sophomore year is when everyone started to branch out and get a little crazy. Looking back, I think this was my least favorite year. It started off getting cheated on by my first high school boyfriend. I was also still riding the bus which made me feel like an even bigger loser because sophomores are too cool to be riding the bus. The friends from freshman year started to drift apart as I made new ones. My perspectives on people began to change as I saw who the genuine people were. The highlight of sophomore year had to be getting my permit even though it didn’t give you any more freedom because you had to drive with a parent for 6 months. We all thought we were so cool having driver’s ed and getting out of class to drive for 10 minutes. Another highlight was having my first real “high school” relationship, which was great for a while. I do wish I spent more time with friends rather than focusing on my boyfriend for so long.  Some people started to have parties this year which we all thought were so cool. We had a lot of fun thinking we were cool sophomores though. Unfortunately, this year is more of a blur than freshman year. I just remember wishing all the time that I was older and that the summer would come sooner.
 ( I had pictures to put on here but I can't because I'm in school.. I will later !)

No comments:

Post a Comment