Friday, May 20, 2011

Junior Year


Junior year is supposed to be the year you buckle down and do the best in school because it’s hardest and most important year.  As it turns out, junior year was a million times easier than senior year. Junior year was so much fun because I developed my close group of friends and so many new things happened. Driving to school was a huge change, and it made me feel so grown up not riding the bus. I carpooled with my best friend and we had so much fun every morning singing, telling stories, and stopping at Dunkin Donuts all the time. This led to numerous visits to welcoming but we didn’t mind. The new freedom of being able to go wherever whenever was a huge deal since I live so far away. However, it soon became really annoying driving 40 minutes to see my friends and dealing with traffic. Sophomore year you cannot wait to be able to drive and then when you can its annoying. School went by way too fast and before we knew it we were getting our class rings and going to prom. Prom was so exciting because it was my first and I could not wait to wear my dress. We had a small group that took a limo and it was so worth the money because it got us so pumped for the dance.  I remember the food at prom was terrible and teachers literally weaved in and out all over the dance floor. After-prom turned out to be so much more fun than we expected and the whole night was just great in general. Another new experience for everyone was taking the SATs. People went crazy taking classes and paying $50 an hour for tutors. I bought a SAT book to “study” and only looked at it twice. I have some funny memories from this year including one sleepover where we did not sleep at all. Instead we took a million pictures that are too ugly to put on here, I gave my friend cornrows, and we went to Dunkin Donuts at 4 in the morning. I don’t know why, but that was a really fun night. I also remember staying at my friend’s house for 3 days straight during one of the many blizzards. When it had cleared up a little bit we decided to walk to the McDonalds on Kirkwood Highway right by Mainstreet. It worked out fine on the way there, but on the way back we had to walk in the snow that was piled up from snow plows that was about 3 feet deep. So every car on Kirkwood highway saw us stumble and sink past our knees in snow. I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. There were so many more good memories like this that I want to remember. I would love to go back and replay junior year because it was so much fun.


Still don't know how to put the pictures on here, but I will at home for the last 3 blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment