Monday, March 21, 2011

Blue Gold

Blue gold week is coming up soon and there has been so much preparation involved to get ready! Before becoming a part of the team of chairs that organizes the entire group I never realized how much work went into it. I also never understood why there needed to be so many people to do the job. Every higher authority has at least 5 people below them so the chain of people involved in Blue Gold is huge. This causes a lot of problems though. Miscommunication happens so easily when you have to get one message from the president through 5 different people to get to the lower chairs. This has already happened in my section when my supervisor above me failed to relay a message that I was supposed to tell to the people below me. This kind of thing cannot happen because one little mess up hurts the whole group. It has taught me a lot about working with others and communicating properly. I have no idea how Amanda Walsh has done such an amazing job keeping track of every aspect of Blue Gold. From Athletics to concessions to buddy groups to planning events, she has to oversee that every little detail is taken care of and done correctly. On top of school work and everything else, I have no idea how she keeps everything straight. Blue Gold has been a great learning experience and it has made me appreciate it so much more to be a part of it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment