Monday, March 21, 2011

Prom...

Prom is coming up and everyone is talking about it. I go along with it but I’m really dreading it. Dress shopping comes first, which I haven’t even started. Unlike some people I know, I am not willing to pay $500 for a dress that I will wear one night. Most of the prom dresses out there are hideous and extremely overpriced. Therefore, I will be putting off dress shopping till the last minute. Also, a more important aspect of prom is a date. I have no one in mind at all to go with which leaves me in a tricky situation. I would go alone if another friend did, but pretty much everyone has a date. Prom isn’t like homecoming where you can bring a random date. You usually want to bring someone you actually like and will have fun with. If I bring someone from outside of school who doesn’t know any of my friends I will have to spend my night entertaining him and I can’t hang out with friends. What if I ask and he says no? What if he goes and is really bored? How do you even ask a guy to prom?! Also if I bring someone from another school, do I have to pay for my dates ticket since I’m inviting him, even though I’m a girl? A dress and tickets alone are going to be ridiculous! Then there are also shoes, hair, and possibly a limo to pay for! It’s all too much. Hopefully all the money spent is worth it in the end. It is said that senior prom is way better than junior prom so maybe it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment