Monday, March 21, 2011

I will be so unbelievably relieved when this year is over. Just trying to write a blog about how stressful this year has been is stressing me out. I can’t even put my feelings into thoughts let alone words. The last three years I have been able to do homework when I got home until 7:30 or 8 and be in bed by 9. Life was good then. I seemed to have plenty of time for all my studying and homework which allowed me to have an A average. The only class I struggled with was math but I always managed to get an A. I couldn’t stay up past 11 if I tried and I never needed to. This year, if I go to bed by 11 I consider it lucky and a good night sleep. No matter if I start my homework the second I get home and don’t take a break, I have so much every night that I cannot get it all done before 12. To me this is ridiculous because it is senior year! I don’t expect to not have to do anything to do, but this has been my hardest year by far. No matter how hard I try, I seem to not be able to keep track of everything or do well in my classes. It’s so frustrating because I am really hard on myself when it comes to school and as much as I would like to claim I don’t care and blow it off, I can’t. Some of the added stress might come from taking an extra science class instead of an elective. I decided to take anatomy because I thought it would look good for college transcripts to see I didn’t slack off during senior year. Also because everyone thought it would be an easy A so everyone took it. As it turns out it is one of the hardest classes I have this year. My job might also play a role in taking some of my time even though I mostly work weekends and usually only one school night a week. Or maybe it’s my Blue Gold responsibilities lately? I have to keep track of other people and myself. I don’t know what it is but I can’t keep up. I feel like as soon as I have to wake up I need to write to-do lists so I don’t forget. I feel like I don’t have time to talk to friends because I’m spending all night doing homework. The last couple of years have not been like this at all so it’s disappointing to expect a little bit of a break this year and end up having the most work yet. Hopefully next year, with only a few long classes, will leave me more time to relax and get organized. There are just not enough hours in the day.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand where you are coming from Lindsay. It's unbelievable how much I have had to do this year, and with work it has made it even more difficult to accomplish what I need done in time. However, the year is almost over and we can finally relax during this fourth, and last, quarter of our high school career. By the way, for the Blue-Gold stuff, I am sorry for me slacking on getting refs. Everyone just denied me or had a previous commitment, but don't worry I will be an amazing ref haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it going, we're so close! Don't worry, we'll kick butt on this Hedda project. Just take it one step at a time, and realize that you can only expect your best from yourself. Also, if you got into JMU, that should be reassurance that you can totally handle this.

    ReplyDelete