Monday, March 21, 2011


I am officially enrolled in James Madison University so the Fall 2011 semester. I just received a letter confirming they got our deposit which I was unaware my mom sent. This confirmation made me so happy because it finally feels like reality. I don’t know how the idea got stuck in my head that I would love JMU, but I think it had something to do with my sister’s husband mentioning how everyone he knew who went there had so much fun. I’ve always wanted to go to Virginia for college because I wanted to go south but not at far as North or South Carolina. Virginia seemed like the perfect in between state. Then when I started searching for colleges I had specific criteria that I was looking for: large town campus, at least 15,000 students, no more than 6 hours away, and enough of an academic challenge. Luckily I visited JMU in September to learn that I should apply early action if I really liked the school. As it turned out, I loved the school, the campus and the people. My tour guide told us you know the school for you as soon as you step on campus. Luckily I felt just like that and knew immediately this was the perfect school for me. Feeling this confident that I wanted to go there I applied early action and put off applying to my back up schools. Luckily I found out I was accepted to JMU before the deadlines for the other schools so I didn’t even have to bother applying. A lot of people give me a crazy look when they hear I only applied to one school, but I was so convinced that this was the only place I could really see myself. Now there are only 5 months until I will be calling JMU my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment