Monday, March 21, 2011

Saturday Detention?

Nowhere in the handbook does it say you will receive a 3 hour Saturday detention for being late to homeroom. I have not received one of these yet but if I do I will be furious. I don’t understand how the school can make up rules mid-year making kids come on a Saturday morning when detentions have always been served after school. Are they really allowed to do this? And are they allowed to tell you to “wear clothes you can get dirty”? They act like these kids are vandalizing the school and they need to clean it. They should stop obsessing over kids being 5 minutes late to school and start worrying about bigger problems like the fact that every student is failing phase 4 physics. I know a lot of the people that have received these detentions and none of them are bad students. They should focus more on the kids who are disrespectful and need the discipline. A lot of other things about our school annoy me, like the plasma TV’s that are showing up everywhere and the unnecessary trophy case. Most of the huge TV’s are never on or in pointless places. This money spent on these items is completely wasted in my opinion. Why don’t they use this for financial aid or better tools for the teachers. Is the huge TV outside the gym (that is hidden by the huge trophy case) really necessary to announce the scores of games? I don’t understand.  All I know is I can’t wait to graduate!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you already have a list of topics for Q4 blogs!

    ReplyDelete